What does Google have to say about maximizing adsense revenue? This year, 2013 Google is out with some in depth strategy for maximizing your adsense revenue. And sure, this tips are from the source, "Google". Google adsense studies the most performing ads, how good they are doing and they gives recommendation based on studies and their experience. So I think its best to listen to them.
Article By Google Adsense
- Increase ad coverage: Placing additional ad units on your site can have a big impact on your earnings. You can put up to three standard AdSense for content ad units (note only one 300x600), three link units and two AdSense for search boxes on each page of your site. Sometimes publishers find it difficult to decide whether an additional ad unit makes sense for their site. Watch this short video to help you make sure you're following best practices, as outlined on Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, when placing new ad units on your site. As always, it’s important to consider the amount of ads in relation to the quality content on your site.
- Use recommended ad sizes: As a rule of thumb, wider ad sizes tend to outperform their taller counterparts, due to their reader-friendly format. If positioned well, wide ad sizes can increase your earnings significantly. The sizes we've found to be the most effective are the 728X90 Leaderboard, the 336x280 Large Rectangle, the 300x250 Medium Rectangle, and the 160x600 Wide Skyscraper. Keep in mind that while these ad sizes typically perform well, you should use the size that best complements your pages.
- Show both text and image ads: Image ads compete in the same auction for your ad space that text ads do. So, choosing to display both text and image ads increases the competition for ads to appear on your site, and may help you earn more. Check this case study to see how displaying both text and image ads helped one publisher. You can also find instructions how to enable image ads in our Help Center.
- Experiment with ad color combinations: Choosing the right ad styles can mean the difference between ads your users will notice -- and click -- and ads they'll skip right over. There are three techniques you can use to design ad styles that will be successful for your site: blend, compliment and contrast. Experiment with ad color combinations to find the best fit for your site. See this Help Center article for additional information.
- Ensure optimal ad placement: The placement of your ads plays a big role in revenue earning potential and user experience. While we often recommend placing an ad above the fold, it’s also important that users can easily find the content they are looking for. Check out this resource for more tips on ad placement, and see our heat map for even more information.
- Add a search box (or two): As mentioned in #1, you can put up two AdSense for search boxes (along with three standard AdSense for content ad units and three link units) on each page of your site. AdSense for search is a free product that lets you place a Custom Search Engine on your site to provide users with web search. You'll also earn revenue from relevant ads on the search results page.
With this tips in place, you should already be making the most out of your Google Adsense, but that is not all. Remember what the headline says; this is just the "Part 1". Check back for the Part 2 or subscribe to our RSS feed so you wont miss it plus our future updates and give-aways. And do well to comment using the comment form. Cheers! and stay happy. Regards: WorldWebSurfers.com adsense blog
That should be all. With this medium, we want to say thank you for your continued liking and sharing. If you haven't liked this post yet, you may do that by hitting the buttons just above.
If you are a blogger and you appreciate the hard work, whether or not you copied this post, we implore you to kindly link back to this post here, you may do it anyhow you can. We consider that a great contribution.
Looking for something else? Search site here: